Religious Education (RE)
Through the blocking of topics, pupils are given an opportunity to embed and build upon their learning.
In line with the National Curriculum, at Kew Riverside, our RE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils have opportunities to;
- Begin to develop an understanding of the beliefs, practices and insights of religious faiths
- Appreciate the place of religion in human life and the important way if affects the actions and attitudes of people
- Become aware of the cultural, religious and spiritual heritage of members of the community
- Develop respect for the rights of others to hold beliefs different from their own
- Recognises and celebrates the range of cultures and diversity of the school through workshops, assemblies and shared experiences of staff, children and people from the local community.
- Develop their knowledge of the world faiths, and their understanding and awareness of the beliefs, values and traditions of other individuals, societies, communities and cultures.
- Ask questions about the world and to reflect on their own beliefs, values and experience
We use the agreed Kingston Religious Education syllabus as the basis for our curriculum.
- Trips to local places of worship
- Community opportunities: providing children with the opportunity to talk and learn from religious people (parents/carers or members of our community).