Why do we learn about Geography?
- To understand what affects the basic physical world in everyday life (e.g. earth-sun relationships, water cycles, wind and ocean currents)
- To learn the location of places and the physical and cultural characteristics of those places so that we can understand and embrace difference
- To understand people have changed over time, their ideas, places and environments
- To understand our community, town or country and the world so that you can understand the “where” of places and events
- To explain what arranged and sometimes changed the surface of the Earth
- To understand how people came to be in certain locations
- To recognise how people and places connect
- To be able to make sensible judgements about the physical environment and our impact on it
- To appreciate Earth as the homeland of humans and discuss about how the planet’s resources should be used
- To understand global interdependence and to become a better global citizen.