In line with the National Curriculum, at Kew Riverside, our Art curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils have opportunities to;
- Develop the skills and passion for creating their own art
- Develop the ability to communicate ideas, opinions and feelings about their own work and that of others
- Share ideas, experience and imagination
- Produce creative work by exploring ideas and recording experiences
- Select appropriate tools and techniques for creating a piece of art
- Build on skills and knowledge from year to year in drawing, painting and sculpture
- Develop opportunities to select their own ideas for use in their work.
- Acquire a range of different skills using different media as the children progress through the school.
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art
- appreciating and evaluating the works of great artists through the ages and from diverse cultures and countries throughout the world
- Make meaningful cross-curricular links are made between art and other subjects.
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- Art trips to local and central London museums and galleries
- Children’s in school art exhibition
- Participation in local and national art competitions