Children should come to school wearing the school uniform as it promotes a sense of pride in our school. It is practical and smart and also gives children a sense of belonging.
In addition it reduces expenditure for parents/carers and prevents children from coming to school in ‘fashion’ clothes that could be distracting.
Therefore we ask you to ensure your children come to school in the correct uniform.
School Jumpers, Cardigans and logo polo shirts are avialable at the Shoe Stations in Kew Village - 12 Station Parade, TW9 3PZ
- School Jumper/Cardigan (Teal Green)
- School white polo shirt (logo or plain)
- Navy blue , plain trousers (No cargo pants) / Navy blue skirts or pinafore dresses
- Navy blue or black ‘sturdy’ shoes (No boots) or all-black trainers (no coloured logos/'swooshes')
- Socks (white/navy/black) / Tights (navy)
- Navy blue shorts / Navy Blue checked dress / Navy blue skirts or pinafore dresses
- Socks (white/navy/black) / Tights (navy/black)
- Shoes/Sandals – Navy blue or black only (no open toes, no boots) or all-black trainers (no coloured logos/'swooshes')
- School green 'OAK' hat. Remember No Hat No Play!
- Navy blue shorts
- Navy blue track suit (winter)
- Black or white trainers (plain)
- T-Shirt – Either:
- Kew Riverside T shirt - (green)
- Plain white T shirt
- Navy blue book bag
- Teal green headscarves
- Alice Bands (plain, small and dark – preferably black)
- Earrings (plain studs only & to be covered with plasters or removed for PE)
- Watches (small & plain - no smart watches that have internet access)
- Label everything with secure tags or permanent marker!
- PE bags should be taken home for washing on Fridays and brought back on Mondays.
- Long hair should always be tied up and plain 'Alice' bands used
- Trousers need to be plain – no jeans, cargo, cord or combat-style
- 'Subtle' logos please (PE kit / tracksuits)
- No boots or wellies in school (You can wear them to school, but must change into school shoes)
- If shoes are worn, they need to be ‘sturdy’ and waterproof. All-black trainers (with laces or velcro) are acceptable. Plimsolls can be worn for PE but not with uniform.
- Non-uniform trainers can be brought to school and changed into for playtimes only
- If your child is in Year 5 or Year 6, they may bring their mobile phone into school. During the day it will be kept in a locked box.
- The school accept no liability for the loss or damage to any personal items brought into school.
If children come into school without the correct uniform they will be sent home with a School Uniform Letter.
Dear parent/carer Dates
Today ___________________________ did not have the correct uniform as she/he
was wearing _______________________________________________________________
Please ensure that your child comes to school in the correct uniform.
If you would like a copy of the uniform guidance please contact the office. If you would
like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to come and see me.