About the Governing Body
The governing body oversees the direction of the school and works in partnership with the Headteacher and staff in:
- Setting the vision and priorities for the school at a strategic level
- Ensuring that the school makes progress towards the targets set in the School Development Plan
- Approving the budget and regularly monitor the school’s finances
- Setting a framework for key personnel management decisions
- Helping the school to work effectively with parents and the wider community
- Carrying out its legal functions and liaising with the Local Authority
Governors can be contacted via the school if you wish to discuss issues in relation to their role.
Much of the work of the governing body is done through two sub committees, the Curriculum and Achievement Committee (CAC), which deals with curriculum and standards, and the Finance and Resources (F&R) Committee which deals with finance, staffing, premises and community. These committees meet at least once every term and reports are made to the whole governing body. Additionally, small working parties may be set up to work on specific tasks.
Kew Riverside Governing Board Attendance 2022-23
Key: Y Attended A Absent NYA Not yet appointed R Retired G Guest